Announcements

Thoughts, questions, and discussions of all topics pertaining to Torah
Forum rules
1. Polite discourse only. No ad hominem attacks or any other name-calling
2. No politics.
3. No comparative religion, no bashing other religions.
4. NO MISSIONARIES! Not even for Karaites.
5. Moderators may delete or break links to other web sites.
6. This is an Orthodox forum. Attacks on Halacha will not be tolerated.
7. Moderators reserve full rights to edit and delete posts, and ban users.

Re: Announcements

Postby Enora » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:22 pm

LittleGator wrote:What do you mean you are lost my dear?

well for one, I have no idea who you are lol... though I'm sure I "know" you.
I'm trying to figure out how to see unanswered posts, active topics, latest postings... where do we validate posts.... ALL IN ONE PAGE... ok maybe that isn't possible. Ach don't worry about me, I was just thinkin out loud.
Because I've been getting lonely.... talking to boxes...
When I settle into the new place, I'll get used to the new forum in a few minutes.... time
Enora

Postby rivka » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Moved again? Same city, or a major move?
rivka

Postby Roo » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:22 pm

On another topic: We were out of town for a few days. I wasn't able to find this forum using Google or any other search engine.

We were at my parents' house for vacation and also to announce that we are making aliyah this summer.
Roo

Postby Kira » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:29 pm

Wow, Roo! Fantastic news.

Where are you moving to?

-Kira
Kira

Postby Roo » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:33 pm

We are going to rent for the first year until we decide where we want to settle. We will rent in the Jerusalem area for the first year. I have a reator who is going to look around for us for a 2 or 3 bedroom rental unit .I don't have a particular town in mind.
Roo

Postby Kira » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:36 pm

Jerusalem is not the easiest place to land. It's a big city. You'll need a community, asap, even if you don't wind up staying in that community forever.

But, we have family there.

PM me if I can be of any assistance, any sort of sanity checks (even of the "is it worth it to bring X on my lift" variety)

-Kira
Kira

Postby Enora » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Wow you ARE making aliyah then!! I saw it was with nefesh b'nefesh... it was that hanukkah flash mob video I posted that did it eh? lol (kidding of course).
WONDERFUL ROO! B'Hatzlacha!
Funny because I was just looking into a real estate project being built near the market in mahaneh yeudah and seriously seriously thinking about buying... ya know for after Marrakesh. Who knows, maybe if things work out, even if it's not this precise project we invest in... maybe it would be smart to consider it at this point..
And here YOU ARE taking the leap! Wowowow cool
So maybe in three years we'll be "neighbors" ;)

Rivka,
Moving to a bigger place, a house. Same city. Couldn't stand living IN the city itself. Noisy, pollution.... and I've lived for years smack in the center of Paris without it bothering me (except the church bells), it's saying A LOT. Something about cheap gas/gas mixture/olive oil/spit/donkey poo/I don't know what they put in those mopeds makes the pollution so much worse.
Enora

Postby rivka » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:17 pm

Roo, mazel tov! May the move be as stress-free as possible. I have some contacts in Yerushalayim too, but Kira's are more likely to be in the neighborhoods you are interested in. (My brothers and most of my friends are in ultra-charedi neighborhoods. Somehow I ended up with an awful lot of friends on the right side of the spectrum. Still haven't figured that out. ;) )

Enora, enjoy! A house will be a nice change, I bet.
rivka

Postby Roo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:26 pm

Thanks. We'll see what my realtor comes up with for us.
Roo

Postby LittleGator » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:25 pm

:idea: Perhaps there could be another folder. For actual torah studies.
For example, the weekly chumash, or tehillim. Write in the title the portions name, its location, and the essential lesson. For example: Parshah Yitro / Exodus 18:1-20,23 / Story of Jethro. Perhaps it would help to encourage more frequent and in depth torah study. By seeing what is being studied by others and giving a chance to ask questions and discuss.

:idea: I would also advise giving it it's own folder, perhaps titled "Torah Studies".
As other wise it would have the potential to overwhelm the 2 other topic folders. As it would be rather vast and added to with much frequency. It would help to organize thoughts and discussions quite well. It may also help if someone is studying a portion on their own, they could look it up in this folder and it may assist them with their own understanding. It seems as though there is a need for it as such topics have been placed. For example in the folder "Children of Noah" there is the topic "King David psalm 109".

Thank you very much.
Fear and Love
Patience and Restraint
LittleGator

PreviousNext

Return to Torah Forum