Introductions - a place to get to know each other

Thoughts, questions, and discussions of all topics pertaining to Torah
Forum rules
1. Polite discourse only. No ad hominem attacks or any other name-calling
2. No politics.
3. No comparative religion, no bashing other religions.
4. NO MISSIONARIES! Not even for Karaites.
5. Moderators may delete or break links to other web sites.
6. This is an Orthodox forum. Attacks on Halacha will not be tolerated.
7. Moderators reserve full rights to edit and delete posts, and ban users.

Re: Introductions - a place to get to know each other

Postby Roo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:28 pm

Enora: TLV was quiet. No Flytilla nonsense ( at least I didn't see anything).
Roo

Postby Kira » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:28 pm

Eli, Maxdixie, welcome aboard!

Never mind Roo and Enora, they've been hanging out together virtually for a very long time now

I guess I should put in my introduction also, shouldn't I...

-Kira
Kira

Postby Hart60 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:19 pm

You're the boss so it's your call ;) - Yes please :lol:

Dan.
Hart60

Postby Enora » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Kira wrote:Eli, Maxdixie, welcome aboard!

Never mind Roo and Enora, they've been hanging out together virtually for a very long time now

I guess I should put in my introduction also, shouldn't I...

-Kira

She's baaAAAaaack! Just in time for some interesting discussions! ;)
Enora

Postby Roo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:30 am

Sorry to be rude. Hello to the new posters!
Roo
Roo

Postby Hart60 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:11 am

A bit about me -
What is your religious background? - I’m of Jewish ancestry up to my great granddad, was raised as a Christian until my teens when I started re-studying the bible on my own and found the true God in the Old Testament.
What brought you to the Torah? - The realisation that the New Testament had so many inconsistencies, misquotations and misinterpretations of the Old Testament and that the new testament was basically fiction,a figment of a few misguided peoples imagination and a re-write of Mithra-ism.
Where have you studied Torah? - I live about 60 miles from the nearest Synagogue so I’ve mostly studied on my own and from internet resources such as Chabad.com, I also became a member of this forum in 2005 when it was on the previous site and everyone has been very good teachers, many thanks to you all.
What brought you to this particular forum? - Back in 2005 the internet became available to me and I found the “Old” forum when it was linked to a Torah website.
What part of the world do you live in? - Devon, England.
How shall we address you? - My sign in name is Hart60 (Hart being my surname) my forum name is Dan my friends also call me Del boy because my middle name is Derek and I have an apparent resemblance to Del boy Trotter (Only fools and horses),so you choose.
Anything else – family - Been married for 43 years ,we have 1 son, 2 daughters all married and from them Hashem has blessed us with 7 grandchildren, 4 boys and 3 girls with ages ranging from 17 years down to 10 months. In 2001 I witnessed several miracles and have seen Angels when God enabled my third Grandsons to be cured of Cancer beyond all odds.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dan/Delboy – Hart.
Hart60

Postby martinbrody » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:43 pm

"and have seen Angels when God enabled my third Grandsons to be cured of Cancer beyond all odds."

Wonderful!
Best,
Martin Brody
martinbrody

Postby Hart60 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:30 pm

Thanks Martin, it was better than wonderful - My grandson was 7 months old at the time and after taking him to our GP several times to be told there was nothing wrong he eventually become paraplegic and was rushed to Bristol Children's hospital where he was diagnosed with multiple cancerous tumours on his spine that had grown around his spinal column and the nerves coming off of it.We were told that there was no one in the UK with the skill to operate and remove it, so the plan was to start Chemotherapy and hope for the best,my daughter and her husband stayed at the hospital while my wife and my son-in-laws mother stayed at accommodation in the City of Bath and I stayed at home to look after our son,two days later we were told that there was a world renowned professor of micro laser surgery flying in to London from Budapest go give a lecture and he had agreed to stop off at Bristol to try to operate on my grandson if he thought it possible but would at least attempt a biopsy so that the Chemo protocol could be more accurate.
While my Grandson was being operated on I went to our local church and prayed to God,at the same time my wife and my son-in-laws mother went to Bath Cathedral to pray, as I left the church two smartly dressed men came up to me and said "he'll be OK you know, everything will be fine" I thanked them and went home to await news from my wife, later she told me that two men had also said the same to them as they were leaving Bath Cathedral - The operation lasted for 6 hours and we were told that 99% of the tumor had been removed and time would tell what the full outcome would be, two days later I and my son went up to Bristol Frenchay Hospital were my grandson had been moved to for the operation to be with our family, we all were allowed to spend the day together in a lodge in the hospital grounds that is run by ClicSargeant the cancer charity ,while we were sitting in the lounge a man came in and knelt beside my grandson and held his hands while he talked to us explaining that he was a caretaker of the lodge etc.
My grandson's condition gradually improved and 6 weeks later was started on a course of Chemotherapy to zap the 1% remaining tumour,we visited the lodge during each Chemo session and have often asked after the elderly caretaker that spoke so kindly to us but nobody else has ever seen him or seems to know who he was.
My grandson is coming up to 12 years old now and excels in everything he does despite some disabilities he has because of nerve damage that was caused by the tumour.
I think God created and gave us a miracle by enabling the only surgeon able to help to be just passing by at the time of our need and were the two men that spoke independently to me,my wife and my son-in-laws mother Angels ? I think so - and what about the stranger at the Hospital lodge ? a very special Angel I think.
Praise be to the Lord Hashem.

Dan.
Hart60

Postby Kira » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Definitely a miracle that the surgeon was there, and the men were certainly angels (messengers) of G-d, even if they themselves didn't know it.

May your entire family continue to enjoy good health, and a close relationship with the Creator of us all

-Kira
Kira

Postby Hart60 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:46 pm

Thanks Kira,Our faith in God is is as strong now,if not stronger than it was when my grandson was ill.
Hart60

PreviousNext

Return to Torah Forum