Losing faith

A place to discuss what it means to serve G-d for those who don't happen to be Jewish.

Hassidic Gentile? Ben/Bat Noach? Whatever you call yourself, you are welcome.
Forum rules
1. Polite discourse only. No ad hominem attacks or any other name-calling
2. No politics.
3. No bashing other religions, but it is ok to discuss how a Ben Noach might relate to other religions.
4. NO MISSIONARIES! Not even for Karaites.
5. Moderators may delete or break links to other web sites.
6. This is an Orthodox forum. Attacks on Halacha will not be tolerated.
7. Moderators reserve full rights to edit and delete posts, and ban users.

Losing faith

Postby steve » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:09 pm

I am thinking of Changing direction in my service of G-d. I have been at an impasse for nearly 7 years now.

Stephen
Last edited by steve on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
steve

Re: Losing faith

Postby David_L » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:44 pm

Steve, here's an article on faith in the Daf Digest issue from May 15 2018:

Stories Off the Daf - “It Will Be Sweet for Us from Now On”

The Arizal explains that those who have emunah [faith] have a good life. Why? First of all, merely keeping Torah usually ensures that life goes fairly smoothly. And if not, chas v’shalom [G-d forbid], a man with faith believes that everything is for the best, for a purpose.Perhaps he had unfinished business from an earlier incarnation which can only be rectified in a difficult — or even tragic — manner, God forbid. The man of faith does not despair and continues to serve Hashem with as much joy as he can muster. Eventually he gets over the hardship or at least sees beyond it and learns to be happy since he connects to the spiritual joy of the mitzvos [commandments] he fulfills each day. But when life gets hard for someone who lacks faith, he begins to feel as though it is not worth living. And according to his warped worldview, he is right. ...

https://www.dafdigest.org/Zevachim/Zevachim%20032.pdf
David_L

Re: Losing faith

Postby steve » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:42 pm

Thank you, David,
I have been struggling on this path for so long now, there seems to be nothing but insurmountable obstacles, I can't reach G-d on this path.
I am thinking about changing to the Karaite path, then I won't be a second class person anymore,
G-d willing I will make the correct decision.

Stephen
steve

Return to Children of Noah