Geulah in our times?

A place to share our current Torah learning - summaries, suggestions, discussions.
Forum rules
1. Polite discourse.
2. Quote your sources
3. Translate all but the most basic Hebrew terms (Torah, Mitzva/Mitzvot, Shabbat, Halacha).

Re: Geulah in our times?

Postby rivka » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:46 pm

Chabad's beliefs about Moshiach (especially the way these are presented by many inspirational speakers and the like) are often NOT in sync with most other traditional Jewish views.
rivka

Postby aaron benjamin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:08 pm

OK, well I guess what I am waiting and yearning for is the geulah shleima does anyone disagree with that?
aaron benjamin

Postby rivka » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:21 pm

We all should pray for that! :)

But as I mentioned before, hoping and praying for the ultimate redemption should include living in the now, and working on ourselves.

Have a good Shabbos!
rivka

Postby Enora » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi Enora, maybe the reason I do that is because I remember once learning in Chabad that the beginning and the end of the geulah may come simultaneously if I understood correctly.

Shavua tov
I wouldn't know what chabad says. We don't have them in town anymore. In fact they were requested to leave town... lol
I think it's better to focus on what we DO agree upon (there's a lot of that!), for the sake of discussion, since I think, most of us on the board aren't chabadniks.
Enora

Postby aaron benjamin » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:25 pm

rivka wrote:We all should pray for that! :)

But as I mentioned before, hoping and praying for the ultimate redemption should include living in the now, and working on ourselves.

Have a good Shabbos!
That is a hard one for me but I am starting to work on it be'H.
aaron benjamin

Postby aaron benjamin » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:28 pm

Enora wrote:Shavua tov
I wouldn't know what chabad says. We don't have them in town anymore. In fact they were requested to leave town... lol
I think it's better to focus on what we DO agree upon (there's a lot of that!), for the sake of discussion, since I think, most of us on the board aren't chabadniks.
I am not exactly Chabad myself either but I enjoy both the Chabad and Breslov approach to Judaism. I have a chevruta with someone to learn Chitas sometimes etc. What are some examples of things that everyone can agree with?
Last edited by aaron benjamin on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
aaron benjamin

Postby Enora » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:50 am

What are some examples of things that everyone can agree with?

Everything we don't disagree upon ;)
Enora

Postby Thorgil_Odinnsson » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:02 pm

Forgive me but as an outsider to the Jewish faith I do not understand some of the terminology. Are you speaking of the Jewish "messiah"?
In Frith,
Thorgil Odinnsson
Godhi
Knights of Asatru Kindred
Vinland Midgard
Thorgil_Odinnsson

Postby aaron benjamin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:21 pm

Thorgil_Odinnsson wrote:Forgive me but as an outsider to the Jewish faith I do not understand some of the terminology. Are you speaking of the Jewish "messiah"?

Shalom, yes I think we were discussing the Jewish Messiah a bit. Do you consider yourself to be a Bnai Noah?
aaron benjamin

Postby Thorgil_Odinnsson » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:01 pm

I'm sorry I understand very few Jewish terms. Being Barmitzvah Bratmitzva (sp?). Goyim, Shalom and Torah. I think that is the extent of my understanding of the termonology in the Jewish faith
In Frith,
Thorgil Odinnsson
Godhi
Knights of Asatru Kindred
Vinland Midgard
Thorgil_Odinnsson

PreviousNext

Return to Learning Forum